13 May, 2012

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

I've stared at my growing TBR pile this weekend and thought long and hard about getting it read. By joining in on a read-a-thon, I thought I'd cross a few more books off of my list and meet more bloggers! Two birds. One stone.

I'll be participating in a read-a-thon hosted by Bout of Books (and signed up very last minute). It's purpose is to encourage each other in reading as much as we can! It's an awesome way to network and get motivation. To follow my progress, look back at this post while I edit it or better yet, follow me on Twitter!

Here's a list of my goals and updates as I go:

My Goals
- Finish 1 book I'm currently reading
- Finish 1 audiobook I'm currently listening to
- Read 2 Books
- Listen to 2 Audiobooks
- Start Reading 1 Book (pending)

Books To Read
- Finish Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
- Finish Fallen by Lauren Kate
- Read Glitch by Heather Anastasiu 
- Read Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
- Listen to Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
- Listen to Dead Girls Dance by Rachel Caine
- Start reading Insurgent by Veronica Roth (pending my ability to obtain said book)


Updates

5/14

Number of books I’ve read today: I've finished two!
Total number of books I’ve read: 2
Books: Seraphina by Rachel Hartman, Fallen by Lauren Kate
Today's Stats: 203 pages read + 4 hours, 46 min listened to

5/15

Books I’ve read today: I didn't finish any
Books I started today: Started Dead Girls Dance and Bloodlines
Today's Stats: 68 pages read + 2 hours, 43 min listened to



5/16
Books I’ve finished today: Dead Girls Dance
Books I started today: The Scorpio Races
Books I'm still reading: Bloodlines
Today's Stats: 64 pages + 9 hours, 30 min listened to (HOLY MOLY!)

5/17

Books I’ve finished today: None
Books I started today: None
Books I'm still reading: The Scorpio Races and Bloodlines
Today's Stats: 28 pages, 6 hours, 28 min listened to


5/18

Books I’ve finished today: The Scorpio Races
Books I started today: None
Books I'm still reading: Bloodlines
Today's Stats: 139 pages, 2 hours, 23 min listened to


5/19

Books I’ve finished today: None
Books I started today: None
Books I'm still reading: Bloodlines
Today's Stats: 59 pages (I kind of took the day off. Whoops.)



5/20

Books I’ve finished today: Bloodlines
Books I started today: Insurgent
Books I'm still reading: None
Today's Stats: 132 pages


* I used the example post from Bout of Books as my post's guide.

4 comments:

  1. Way to go! Keep up the great reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow..great first day. I am now stalking you on GFC and twitter. I finished one book and wrote two reviews on Monday. Today I worked, but did read 150 pages of Half-Blood and visited blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sick start! I have Bloodlines sitting on my shelf staring at me, but alas Deadlocked (Sookie #12) is first. I am a big fan of audiobooks myself, how is Dead Girls Dance?

    New follower thanks to bout of books! Via Twitter and GFC.

    Otherwhere.co

    ReplyDelete
  4. You read Dead Girls' Dance too? Why didn't I notice that before? I absolutely loved it... and I might have even teared up a little. Shane tore me up. I read it as part of Volume 1 and had saved it for Bout-of-Books. Now I really, really want Volume 2, which is super cheap right now from Amazon, BTW. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments! I really do read every single one and I strive to respond to each comment that needs a response (and many more!).