08 May, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Favourite Quotes from Books

In this weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, I've made my list of my top ten quotes from some of my favourite books. I'm really bad at choosing quotes. While I'm reading I often stop and think how magical a line was, but I quickly forget where or what it was after finishing the book. Luckily, we have the internet!
  1. “It is our choices, Harry, that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling
  2. You love me. Real or not real?" I tell him, "Real.” - Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
  3. “This thing all things devours: Birds, beasts, trees, flowers; Gnaws iron, bites steel; Grinds hard stones to meal; Slays king, ruins town, And beats high mountain down.” - The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien 
  4. "Not my daughter, you bitch!" - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
  5. “It's so strange how life works: You want something and you wait and wait and feel like it's taking forever to come. Then it happens and it's over and all you want to do is curl back up in that moment before things changed.” - Delirium by Lauren Oliver
  6. “I have a theory that selflessness and bravery aren't all that different.” - Divergent by Veronica Roth
  7. “For the first time, he heard something that he knew to be music. He heard people singing. Behind him, across vast distances of space and time, from the place he had left, he thought he heard music too. But perhaps, it was only an echo.”- The Giver by Lois Lowry
  8. “The early summer sky was the color of cat vomit.” - Uglies by Scott Westerfield
  9. You can't force love, I realized. It's there or it isn't. If it's not there, you've got to be able to admit it. If it is there, you've got to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love.” -Frosbite (Vampire Academy) by Richelle Mead
  10. “I might be in love with you." He smiles a little. "I'm waiting until I'm sure to tell you, though.”  - Divergent by Veronica Roth
What quotes did you choose?



8 comments:

  1. I love #6 from Divergent... so true. Also, I giggled at the quote from Uglies. I mean, it's a gross image, but I totally know what color he means and weirdly the sky is sometimes that color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that Uglies quote is by far my favourite opening line for a book! Attention grabbing, yet true.

      Delete
  2. Harry Potter has so many good quotes, I wonder why I didn't think to include one on my TTT, but it's so difficult thinking about these top 10 questions without missing out something. Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always too many things to try to put into these Top Ten Tuesday posts. I think mine always include something from HP... ha.

      Delete
  3. #8 made me laugh out loud. That is quite a descriptive line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good choice with the quote from Uglies. I totally snorted while reading it.

    Alison at The Cheap Reader

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this list! You have picked quotes from all my favourite books there! I like 1, 2 and 8 especially. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We also picked the Dumbledore quote for our TTT. I love Molly Weasley's quote from DH, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments! I really do read every single one and I strive to respond to each comment that needs a response (and many more!).