1. In school I said that I read the Grapes of Wrath. But I didn't. I'm not a Steinbeck fan and have you seen the size of that book?! I took a 'B' in that class that semester because of my pride. Ha.
2. During my undergrad years I used to keep my library books in my car. Sometimes I'd forget and I would return them to find a $40 fine. Whoops! (Don't tell my mom.)
3. When I attempt to read more than one book at a time, I leave the first one in the dust. I don't know if it's actually possible for me to read more than one novel at a time.
4. When I lived at my sorority a few years ago, many of the girls would read series like The House of Night. I own like 6 of those books because of that weird (and momentary) obsession.
5. Because my friends were into it, I said I like the Twilight 'saga' more than I actually did.
6. I wrote Harry Potter fanfiction in a bright blue notebook when I was 15... and 16... and 17.
7. In high school, because a lot of my friends were super religious, I said I didn't enjoy reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower. But I loved it.
8. This isn't a confession (because I'm proud of it), but while writing my dissertation for grad school, I actually maxed out on the number of books you could check out. And that's a lot.
9. Some days, I'm not sure if book blogging actually reflects my efforts. I may not be top dog, but I put in tons of effort and I put myself out there to no avail. I have to remind myself at the end of the day that I do it for me.
10. Since I started blogging, I actually feel pressured to get more books. I kind of dread my weekend book hauls. I think that's why I have accumulated 18 more books than my TBR pile can handle in less than 6 months. This is a lot for me! (Not to say I don't like having books).