21 August, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: My Favorite Books I've Read During the Lifespan of My Blog


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we're listing our favorite books we've read since we've started to keep a blog.

Though I've only been blogging since March, the list was easy enough as I only really have rated about 10 books with 5 stars since! I haven't book them in any particular order as it would be too difficult to decide! So here they are:

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
This book is fabulous. I love that it's a sci fi dystopian with an almost fantasy element to it. And you just have to love Perry. Awesome start to a hopefully awesome series.
| My Review |

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
Instantly, I fell in love with this dreary post-apocalyptic world of vampires. While it is vampires, it sure as heck isn't unoriginal by any means.

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
This book is magic. The absolute beauty of the writing and the story easily have this book on my top favorites. 
| My Review |

A Million Suns by Beth Revis
I could not put this book down. Spaceships, a looming second earth, and mystery?! I liked Across the Universe, but I fell in love with A Million Suns
| My Review |

Legend by Marie Lu
Another dystopian. I loved the characters and the concept. It was just one of those novels that you can't believe is a debut.
| My Review |

Starters by Lissa Price
An exciting sci fi and dystopian world where kids have their bodies rented. Creepy. I can't wait to see how the story ends!
| My Review |

Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
I've loved every book she's put out so far and Bitterblue was no exception. I love strong willed characters and fantasy and you've just got to love this book.
| My Review |

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
I was intrigued by Delirium but blown away by Pandemonium. I can't wait to see what the last book has for us!
| My Review |

Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
I wasn't sure that Unearthly was that original, but I was proven wrong in Hallowed. Fantastic book! Fantastic series.
| My Review |

A Witch in Love by Ruth Warburton
This is another sophomore book that blew me away. Yeah I loved the first book, but A Witch in Love knocked my socks off. More people should read this series. Give it more love!
| My Review |


10 comments:

  1. I read The Scorpio Races and Legend and loved them. I’ll have to look into some of the others that you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Under the Never Sky has been sitting on my TBR pile for ages, I really need to get around to reading it. Great choices!

    Check out my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have to read UNDER THE NEVER SKY. I don't know how it got so far down my list... Same think with THE SCORPIO RACES. Beth Revis is one of the few sci-fi writers I'll read. LEGEND, yes. Can't wait for more! BITTERBLUE probably should have made my list, but somehow it didn't. ^^; UNEARTHLY made my list. I think it had to do with the "first love" factor and how deeply I came to love everyone, even the secondary characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read Under the Never Sky! But yes, I love Unearthly. I just think I love Hallowed even more!

      Delete
  4. Great list! I've read almost all of these, and they were all FABULOUS!

    Karis @YA Litwit

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Legend and the Scorpio Races on my list too! I agree, the writing was so beautiful in TSR. Maggie Stiefvater is such a talented writer! :)

    My Top Ten:
    http://oliviasbookaholiclife.blogspot.com/2012/08/top-ten-tuesday-favorite-books-youve.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, so I haven't read any of these books yet, but that's actually a good thing because all of them are on my TBR list and now I can buy them without feeling bad :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh -- I keep mixing up Under the Never Sky and Across the Universe or thinking they're one in the same for some reason! I would like to read both, regardless. I recently discovered The Scorpio Races, and I'd like to read it soon. It sounds rather interesting.

    I read Legend and Starters as well, and I'm waiting on the sequels. (:

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments! I really do read every single one and I strive to respond to each comment that needs a response (and many more!).