14 July, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (#11)


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Every Saturday I post the books I've acquired throughout the previous week! 

Since I'm visiting my family in California for a few weeks, I haven't bought many books. I've been very busy! Plus, who would want to pack a bunch of heavy books in their luggage? My mom bought me this hardcover copy of to match the other two hardcovers I have from this series sitting in my old bedroom at my parents'. I really wanted this pretty cover over the (blah) UK cover, so I'm determined to read it here and then leave it with its sisters on my old shelf!


Hardcover
Bitterblue by Kristen Cashore
Gift

I don't anticipate having anything to show you next week, but let me know what books you've acquired!


11 comments:

  1. Ooh I hope you're having fun in California! :) I've only read Graceling so I can't say anything about the next ones, but Fire and Bitterblue sounds amazing and I hope you enjoy them!

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having tons of fun away from rainy England! You should definitely read Fire. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Nice. I like that the cover is Blue. I'm actually going to the Kristen Cashore signing on Tuesday Night over at Books of Wonder in NYC.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You got BitterBlue! I've read Graceling and I absolutely adored it. Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to read Fire or BitterBlue but I am so hyped to read them!

    Our STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh you should pick up Fire. Loved it! Get on it, girls! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I still need to read that series! I know I have book one- for forever now it seems. Moving that series up my TBR list! Hope you have fun on vacation!

    Alana's Haul @DarkObsessionChronicles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that book has a beautiful cover - haven't heard much about it, but I have seen it hyped on Goodreads!
    Thanks for following and visiting my blog - I followed you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Plus, who would want to pack a bunch of heavy books in their luggage?"

    Haha! When I flew from the UK to California, I had so many books in my suitcase that my bag exceeded the weight limit and I had to pay a £40 fine! XD

    I hope you enjoy Bitterblue! I've seen the UK covers and they're seriously bleh. I have a copy of Bitterblue on my desk but haven't read it yet. Have fun in California! That's where I am now! :D

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, funny you should mention not wanting to pack books because that is totally what I just did on a recent trip of mine, plus acquiring quite a few along the way. Ah well. Hope you have fun with family and enjoy the book!

    Here's a link to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bitterblue ended up being my favourite of the trilogy. Have a lovely break Kathryne, and thanks for stopping by YA's the Word

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments! I really do read every single one and I strive to respond to each comment that needs a response (and many more!).