03 July, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books for Those Who Like Maria V. Snyder


Welcome to the weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. You guessed it. This is where I post my Top Tens of the week's chosen subject! This week, we're recommending books based on an author. So, if you like Maria V. Snyder, I've got ten books for you to check out!

While I've not read every book written by Maria V. Snyder, I have liked everything that I have read so far. I really enjoyed her Study series, Glass series, and her Inside Out books. Since her works are quite diverse, dabbling in fantasy and science fiction as well as crossover and YA series, I think there's something for everyone. Also, if you like any of the books below, you should definitely give Maria's books a try!

1. Sabriel by Garth Nix
The beginning of a strong fantasy series with a likeable heroine that reminds me of Opal from her Glass series.
2. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
This book has a futuristic dystopian theme just like Maria's Inside Out books.
3. The Gemma Doyle Series by Libba Bray
This series has fantastic world building like Maria's Study series.
4. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
Graceling stars a kick-butt heroine whom I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of just like Yelena from the Study series.
5. Warrior/Witch by Marie Brennan
Magic and some serious fighting skills combine in these two books just as they do in the Study and Glass series.
6. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
Another fantastic futuristic dystopian, though with a tad more romance.
7. Divergent by Veronica Roth
This is also a strong dystopian and Tris' character transformation reminds me of Trella from the Inside Out books.
8. The EarthSea Cycle by Ursula Le Guin
This is a fantasy staple. I think fans of the Glass series would really like it.
9. The Alchemyst by Michael Scott
There's quite a bit of action in this. If you want to read the Study or Storm series but don't want to leave the YA genre, I recommend this series.
10. The Gathering Dark by Leigh Bardugo
I have yet to read this, but I have a feeling that there is quite a bit of mystery like the Study series.



1 comment:

  1. Some of these are on my TBR list: Under the Never Sky, Across the Universe, The Gemma Doyle series. I've already read Graceling, Divergent...Great list. I cheated on my Top 10 Tuesday post this week.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments! I really do read every single one and I strive to respond to each comment that needs a response (and many more!).