31 July, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I'd Like to (Not) Switch Places With for 24 Hours


Welcome to the weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. You guessed it. This is where I post my Top Tens of the week's chosen subject, Top Ten Characters You'd Like to Switch Places With for 24 Hours. 

I feel like this is a hard one. With most protagonists or characters in general, I don't exactly envy their situations even if I enjoy reading them. I think maybe I'll cheat with this one and give you a list of my top ten characters I'd rather NOT switch with.

1. Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games)
Uh, yeah. Nearly starving and then having to fight to the death- I don't think so.
2. Bitterblue (Bitterblue)
Her dad was a serious psycho. I'd rather not have those memories.
3. Jonas (The Giver)
That is some serious weight to have put on the shoulders of a pre-teen. I don't want to be a vessel of memories and emotions!
4. Yelena (Poison Studies)
Yeah, she was imprisoned and tortured. No, thanks.
5. Frodo Baggins (Lord of the Rings)
Being charged with the desperate task of carrying a (seriously messed up) piece of jewellery across the known world... hmmm, no.
6. Zoe (Glitch)
I don't fancy having a computer system hooked up to my brain.
7. Day (Legend)
He's the number one most wanted criminal in the entire republic. I just wouldn't want to live up to that reputation!
8. Allie Sekemoto (The Immortal Rules)
She's a vampire surrounded by people who hate vampires! And she has to sleep in the dirt.
9. Ana (Incarnate)
Just about everyone in her city hates her or is scared of her. What kind of life is that?
10. Thomas (The Maze Runner)
Imagine being placed in a murderous maze with absolutely no recollection of your life before that. That's why I won't trade places with him!

All of that made me realize what a huge square I must be! I think I'm just meant to read about adventures, not be faced with the sort of adversaries book characters are faced with!

Who would you switch or not switch with?


9 comments:

  1. yeah, as much as I love the Hunger Games this is not a place I'd want to go. I'd be scared to death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. I think it's a lot easier to pick people you WOULDN'T want to switch places with! Most book characters, I think!

    Here's my Top Ten Characters I'd Like to Hang Out With.I hope you will stop in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your twist on this! I definitely had a list in equal length of who i wouldn't want to be as I was planning this one. Day is a great choice, his life is tough and I don't think I would have the strength to constantly evade the Republic. And yes, as awesome as it would be to be tough chick Katniss and know how to shoot a bow, fairly certain I'd die in like...9 seconds in the ring.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I would never ever switch places with Frodo Baggins. That would be so scary & creepy. Also I wouldn't make it! I already know that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice twist on the topic this week. I would never want to switch places with Katniss or Frodo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot about Yelena, Bitterblue, and Katniss! I really love that I haven't seen Yelena on any lists before and c'mon, who wouldn't want Valek? ;)

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh so true. Valek is pretty awesome(ly hot). I guess I could handle just a bit of torture for that.

      Delete
  7. Zoe from Glitch is a great choice! I can't believe I missed her! Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you put a twist on this week's theme. :)

    I agree with you about Katniss. I couldn't switch places with her. I defintely wouldn't make an awesome Mockingjay.

    Thakns for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments! I really do read every single one and I strive to respond to each comment that needs a response (and many more!).