Welcome to the weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. You guessed it. This is where I post my Top Tens of the week's chosen subject! This week was a freebie. I chose to tell you a little bit more about myself. We probably have a lot in common! Here are the top ten facts about my reading habits or life. Who knows, maybe it's interesting?
1) I get most of my reading done on my lunch break, waiting for the bus, or to occupy myself while my man's at work.
2) The first chapter book I remember reading and obsessing over was The Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary.
3) I can't bend the spine. Ever. Just no. It's why I don't like people borrowing my copies. They always come back with that horrible line down it!
4) In elementary school I would purposely not turn in my homework (that I had actually completed) because I wanted to go to Recess Room. We went there to be 'punished' by being 'forced' to read or do homework instead of go play at recess. I read. They had some awesome books to read!
5) I can't read while in motion. I wish I could read in the car or on the bus, but it's impossible. Even the train is a bit iffy.
6) I hate movie covers or covers that mention the movie and I generally obsess over making sure a series I own all have the same cover design and are the same size. I hate putting those small and fat paperbacks with the tall hardbounds. My newest fear since moving to another country is mixing US covers with UK covers.
7) I probably read about 2 books a week and listen to one audiobook. I read pretty fast, but I don't want it to consume my whole life. The second I feel like I have to read, it becomes non-enjoyable.
8) While I really like pretty book covers and snappy summaries, I usually read my books based on recommendation. I'm very seldom impulsive at the book store. Yet I'm still that one person who spends 2 hours in there and comes out with one book.
9) My favorite type of books are paperbacks. Especially ones that aren't glossy or slick and feel pretty sturdy. If they're printed in Garamond along with the aforementioned prerequisites I nearly faint with happiness. Is it normal to have a favorite font?
10) The majority of my books are in my old room at my parents' house in California. One day I really want to unite my two collections.
Do we have anything in common? Let me know!