23 October, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Books To Get In the Halloween Spirit


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. These week, we've piled together our favourite books that put us in the mood for Halloween! My picks aren't so much scary as they are reminiscent for me. Enjoy! Here they are:


1. The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling- There's nothing better than pumpkin juice, floating jack-o-lanterns, and magic wands to remind you of Halloween. Fabulous.

2. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake- This book is a fantastic YA Horror novel. Creepy, gory, and gruesome. If this doesn't put you in the mood for Halloween ghost hunting, I don't know what will!

3. The Goosebumps Books by RL Stine- They are technically kids' books, but I used to love them when I was younger. And you can literally choose any spooky story you can imagine!

4. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl- There's something about Southern Gothic architecture and swampy landscapes that scream 'Haunted Mansion' for me. Plus when you throw in some magic, you just can't go wrong!

5. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa- You've got some bad-ass vampires and a disease that turns people into ravenous zombie vampires. Creepy, eh?

6. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater- It's so autumnal with werewolves that turn when the weather cools. And it's some pretty good paranormal romance!

7. The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine- A city is run by vampires and Claire is caught up in their ranks. I think it would do the job to get you to think about Halloween!

8. A Witch in Winter by Ruth Warburton- In a cold English village, Anna uncovers magic and an Old English spell book. It's chilly and magical!

9. The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead- A great vampire series and a staple paranormal genre. Vampires with the ability to control the elements constantly attacked by bad nasty vampires! Maybe I just trivialised it, but it's still good.

10. Once a Witch by Carolyn McCullough- A young witch, constantly in the shadow of her older sister's glory discovers her powers and a bit of love and time travel in between. Love witch books for Halloween!


What are your top Halloween-y books? Leave me a link to your post below!


5 comments:

  1. Great list! A lot of these are on my tbr pile. I read a couple of the Goosebumps books when I was a kid and loved them, even if they did creep me out!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I really liked Shiver and Anna Dressed in Blood. A few of the others are on my reading list, and will hopefully get to soon. Awesome list :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this list! Harry Potter at the top equals win any day :D And A Witch in Winter and Once a Witch are on my reading list! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    Here's my TTT

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I used to read RL Stine all the time when I was a kid. I actually preferred the Fear Street books to Goosebumps, but it was all I would read for a few years.

    I should have added HP to my list. I don't know why I didn't think of it.

    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe I forgot Anna! great list!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments! I really do read every single one and I strive to respond to each comment that needs a response (and many more!).