02 October, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: 'Older' Books I Don't Want People to Forget About



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week, we are professing our loves for our top ten 'older' books we don't want people to forget. We get to classify how we define 'old'. I think my books I've mentioned are at least two years old, if not decades old. If they are part of a series, that series has ended. So, here they are:

1. The Uglies Series by Scott Westerfield

2. The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead

3. The Princess Bride by William Goldman

4. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine

5. Poison Study by Marie V. Snyder

6. The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling

7. The Abhorsen Series by Garth Nix

8. The Giver by Lois Lowry

9. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle

10. The Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander

Sometimes, I feel like I keep repeating myself in Top Ten Tuesday. I guess I'm just consistently passionate about the same books!


5 comments:

  1. Great list! I have a feeling Harry Potter is going to be a timeless series :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uglies was good, but I've never read The Vampire Academy Series... I've meaning to read the Princess Bride because I love the movie so much. I don't remember liking Ella Enchanted. I should probably stop saying things about each one... One last thing. I always forget how good A Wrinkle in Time is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Sabriel on my list, too! You have some great picks there - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I especially love Uglies! I have Princess Bride and A Wrinkle in Time on mine. I just ordered the Garth Nix series on audio and can't wait to listen to it. I have heard such great things about it but I never seem to have time to read the books. Here is my list http://wp.me/pzUn5-1ei

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments! I really do read every single one and I strive to respond to each comment that needs a response (and many more!).